Donor Bill of Rights
To ensure that Jo Daviess Conservation Foundation (JDCF) receives the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors have confidence in the Foundation and the causes the Foundation supports, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of JDCF’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving as a Trustee on the JDCF board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the Foundation’s annual reports and 990 forms.
- To be assured your gift will be used for the purposes for which they were intended.
- To receive appropriate and timely acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that relationships with individuals representing the Foundation will be professional in nature.
- To be informed if those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of JDCF or hired solicitors.
- To ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
- To have the opportunity for your name to be kept confidential, and to be deleted from mailing lists that the Foundation may intend to share.
- To be assured that requests regarding information and donations will be kept private and honored to the full extent of the law.
Make A Difference
Donating to help JDCF is easy and secure!
Make a one-time donation or see more options
on our Support JDCF page.