Need to get the kids outside? How about a scavenger hunt at Horseshoe Mound Preserve? Please practice social distancing while searching for the 5 clues on this hunt. A numbered tree cookie will mark the correct spot for each clue found. Horseshoe Mound is located at 1679 N Blackjack Rd, Galena, IL.
1. A grassy mound designed for gazing at the night sky.
2. Boulders imprinted with outlines of prehistoric animals.
3. A home for our blue flying friends.
4. An overlook with distant views of the Mississippi and turkey vultures circling at eye level.
5. At the final stop, please consider dropping a few coins in the tube to help JDCF keep this special place open for all to enjoy. What a great way to teach the next generation about generosity, community spirit, and philanthropy, all of which are especially important in challenging times such as these. Answers can be found here: HSM Hunt Clues.
A similar hunt is available at Casper Bluff Land & Water Reserve, 870 S Pilot Knob Road, just a few miles south of Horseshoe Mound