We are all in this together! JDCF is taking COVID-19 very seriously. While we have cancelled our upcoming events, our six nature preserves remain open for those needing an escape to nature.
How about a scavenger hunt at our Casper Bluff Land and Water Reserve, 870 S Pilot Knob Road, Galena, IL? Please practice social distancing while taking the kids in search of the six clues on this hunt. A numbered tree cookie will mark the correct spot for each clue found. Please leave them for others to find. Answers can be found here: Casper Scavenger Hunt Clues & Answers.
1. A home of our blue flying friends.
2. An earthen symbol of the Upper-world built by indigenous people.
3. A place to view the Mighty Mississippi.
4. A sunny prairie planted by students from the NW Academy.
5. A place to find shade under long branches. Be ready for a long walk north to find this one standing all alone.
6. At the final stop, please consider dropping a few coins in the tube to help JDCF keep this special place open for all to enjoy. What a great way to teach the next generation about generosity, community spirit, and philanthropy, all of which are especially important in challenging times such as these.